Welcome to King and Taylor Chartered Accountants for Businesses in Kent
According to the Kent Gov website, there was over 70,000 active business in 2020, this is predicted to be a lot higher in recent years as more businesses have started during the pandemic as well as more people are looking to start a business from home. We are accountants for business in Kent and having a professional, chartered accountant for your business in Kent is crucial to make sure you are on top of taxes, and the law and making sure you are growing your business steadily with good cash flow.
There are lots of towns and villages all over Kent that require accounting services, including Gravesend (where we are based) Sittingbourne (we also have a presence here), Rochester, Maidstone, Canterbury, Maidstone and Dartford. All of these towns have lots of different businesses, and many of them need help with Payroll and Bookkeeping services. We provide tailor-made accounting services for businesses that have special requirements, we are very flexible when it comes to our services so you just need to ask and I’m sure we can help. Whether your business turns around millions or you are a start-up business with a small turnover, we love helping all businesses with their accounting needs.
As local accountants, we provide face-to-face support for businesses all around Kent and the southeast. Our services include: year-end accounts, tax returns, VAT Returns and Bookkeeping, Tax Advice and Payroll & CIS Returns. We can also help your business save money in tax, making sure you stay within the law.
Bookkeeping services Kent
One of the many services we help our clients with is bookkeeping. We work with businesses of every size, from sole traders and freelancers to small businesses and larger companies.
We have a quick and talented bookkeeping department. We can help you deal with high volumes of financial processing quickly and effectively. Our team can report on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis to keep you updated on the current status of your financial accounts. Our small independent firm of accountants and tax advisers was founded in 1989. For over 25 years the firm has operated from premises on Echo Square in Gravesend, Kent.
We have a team of highly skilled bookkeepers and accountants in Kent who can ensure your financial processing is given to your accountant in excellent order.
What are the top business bookkeeping services?
There are ten core bookkeeping services that we help our businesses in Kent with. Some we help with specific services, others, we offer the whole range of services.
- Filing Tax Returns to HMRC: Tax returns is a time-consuming task that can easily go wrong if you don’t know what you are doing, this is why most businesses outsource this task. It’s important to get your business tax or self-employed tax returns correct or you could face hefty fines. We also help you reduce the amount of tax you pay.
- Data entry and keeping track of transactions: When running a business, keeping track of your transactions, expenses, pay to employees and general cash flow is extremely important. You don’t want to get into a situation where you can’t pay your bills because you haven’t been keeping track of what’s coming in and out of the business. This is where most businesses fail, 29% failed because they ran out of cash. (Source)
- Accounts Receivable and Payable: We can help you make sure all of your invoices and up-to-date, bills are paid and employees paid
- Financial Reports: We can give you regular reports on your income, loss, balance sheets, cash flow stats, end-of-year accounts and anything else you might need to help keep your business running smoothly.
- Payroll: Paying your staff can often be a complicated process, over time, new employees, paying the exact right amount, national insurance, pensions. This can often be a painful process, which is why a lot of businesses outsource this to a reliable accountant like King and Taylor.
Business Accounting Services in Kent
At King & Taylor Accountants, we offer a full range of accounting services in Kent. Everything you need to keep your business fully operational and use the best accounting techniques to make the most of your money.
VAT: VAT services are time-consuming and confusing for those not trained in this area. We take the stress of calculating and reporting your VAT out of your hands so that your business is as VAT-efficient as possible and you can get on with running your business day to day.
Payroll and Enrolment: We keep track of all of your payroll activity ensuring that your staff get paid on time and the correct amount. We also make sure you are compliant with enrolment.
Bookkeeping: Keeping track of your bookkeeping is essential to any business, it can be a tedious task which is why most people outsource this to a trusted, well-established accountant like King and Taylor.
Company Secretarial: There are a number of statutory obligations that you need to fulfil when you are a company. We can help take on these obligations so that you don’t need to worry about it.
Corporate Tax Planning: Making sure your business is tax efficient is key for a successful business, but it’s not always easy. We can help you know the ins and outs of tax.
Businesses in Kent that require our accounting services
- Small businesses
- Sole Traders and partnerships
- Construction & sub-contractors
- Charities and non-profits
- Landlords and property managers
- and many more
Business accounting services Kent | King and Taylor
King & Taylor was established in 1873, since the beginning our goal is to help businesses, just like yours, to grow and achieve the success they deserve. For over 150 years we have built up a great reputation as a forward-thinking firm that is always there for its customers. Whether you are a start-up business or a well-established company we are here to help in any way we can. From bookkeeping, to payroll to tax returns, we are always here for your accounting and tax needs.
The types of businesses in the UK are constantly changing, the business environment from the Covid-19 pandemic has changed the landscape completely. More businesses are saving money in tax by having less (or no) office space, many have staff working from home and there are lots more small businesses as people are needing to make more money due to the increase in the cost of living.
Not only do we help with your taxation, payroll and bookkeeping, but we also help you decide on certain aspects of your business:
- We can help you decide what type of business structure you need, that might be a sole trader, Limited liability company, Corporation or anything else
- We can help you with business plans, budgets, and profit forecasts.
- Helping you establish a good relationship with banks and investors.
- Setting up an accounting system for your business so that you can keep track of transactions and profits etc.
The only thing we ask right at the beginning is that you’re serious about taking your business to the next level.
If so, we can provide you with a wide range of commercial experience and technical skills, whether you’re a sole proprietor business or a group of companies with substantial turnovers.